Updated: January 7, 2021
We are so excited to be able to offer Upward basketball this season, but in order to give us a chance to complete a successful season we need everyone to follow the guidelines listed below.
- Participants who test positive for COVID should quarantine for 14 days or until they have been cleared by their physician.
- Team members who have been exposed to any positive case should quarantine for 7 days and can return to practice and play if they've not had any symptoms in those 7 days.
- Please do not come to practice or games if you are experiencing any COVID or COVID-like symptoms.
- Our practices will be closed to spectators this season. Please drop your child off in the gym at the start of practice and come back in to get your child at the end of practice.
- Practices will be 50 minutes long. This will allow us a 10 minute window to clear the gym. Please do not arrive early. We want to keep as little traffic in the gym as possible.
- Every participant must have their own water bottle. Water fountains will not be available to use.
- Teams are to arrive no more than 15 minutes before start time.
- Do not enter the gym if games are still ongoing. We will do our best to keep on schedule.
- Please leave promptly after the conclusion of your child’s game.
- Teams will not pass out snacks after the games.
- Water fountains will not be available for use. All players must have their own water bottle.
- Teams will not shake hands after games.
- Attendance for games will be limited. Every participant will only be allowed 1 fan, no siblings are allowed. (I know this is not ideal, but it’s the only way to allow us to socially distance in the gym.)
- For families with multiple children in Upward, there will be Saturdays where your children play back-to-back games. If this happens you are welcome to have your child that is waiting to play or just finished playing sit with you while the other participating child plays. This is only allowed with siblings who are participating in Upward and who play games that fall back-to-back.
- All Upward staff, spectators, and coaches will be required to wear a mask.
- Players will not be required to wear a mask.
I know that the above modifications are not ideal and apologize for the many changes to our league this year. If you decide that the modifications we have put in place are not the right fit for your family, please email me by December 11th to withdraw your child and FPC will gladly issue you a refund check. No refunds will be given after December 11th due to uniform orders being placed.
January 7 Update:
Upward games start this Saturday, January 9th! As we start this season please remember that the focus of Upward is NOT on winning, but embracing God in achieving our best efforts. To that end, we have a zero tolerance policy for yelling at our referees, coaches, or other fans. Everything that we hear from the stands should only be positive encouragement toward the players.
It’s getting exciting for these wonderful kids. They will be nervous. Some of the very young players may get upset if one of the referees indicates that they have made an error. Please, let the coach handle your child’s tears until the coach indicates to you that you are needed.
I want to thank you all for signing your child up for Upward at FPC. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate our way through this season a bit differently.