07.11.23 | First Presbyterian Church
- Contemporary Service | 9:00 a.m. in the Chapel
- Traditional Service | 11:10 a.m. in the Sanctuary
Nursery and Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 are available for the duration of both services. Children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade can leave the worship services after the Time with Children for a kid-friendly time of worship and fellowship.
Discipleship Hour | 10:10 - 11:00 a.m.
- First Pres Nursery (6 months-2 years) | Our nursery is open Sunday mornings for both worship services and the discipleship hour. When you bring your children to our nursery, you can be sure they're being cared for mind, body, and soul. On Sundays, we serve children ages 6 months to 2 years by September 1, and we look forward to getting to know your family! Questions: Megan Allen
- First Pres PreK (K-3 and K-4) | This year, we’re opening up a new program especially designed for our PreK children. Children will learn about Jesus in an age-appropriate manner and enjoy worship, crafts, free play, and snacks. Drop-off your children at the double-doors near the nursery; they can stay for the duration of either worship service and the discipleship hour class. Questions: Megan Allen
- First Pres Kids (Kinder-5th) | Parents will bring their K-5th grade kids to the Children’s Main Meeting Area, which is upstairs in the southeast corner of the church, and pick their children up in their grade-level classroom at 11:00 a.m. If your children participate in the 9:00 a.m. children’s worship service, we can take them directly to their First Pres 10:10 discipleship class. (Classroom list and pick-up instructions available at check-in.) Questions: Debbie Gainer
- Student Ministry | While every teenager is a walking bundle of questions, three rise above the rest: Who am I? Where do I fit? What difference can I make? Through weekly testimonies and small groups, we’ll dive deeper into these questions. Questions: Charlotte Bosecker
- Middle School (6th-8th) | Room 228/Youth Area, Questions: Andrew Green
- High School (9th-12th) | Room 229/Youth Area, Questions: Jill Spannaus
- Adult Classes | Questions: Charlotte Bosecker
- The Covenant Class | A weekly exploration of scripture; open to all. Room 216/Upper Room, Facilitator: Glenn Rogers
- The Compass Class | Bible Studies for Life (Lifeway); open to all. Room 140/Koinonia Room, Facilitator: Jim Longstreet
- Off the Clipping Room Floor | A discussion of what didn’t make the sermon for the day and a deeper dive into the sermon scripture text; open to all. Lynn Hall, Facilitators: Adult Ministry Team
- Discipling Our Children | Insight into what our children are learning during the discipleship hour and ways to take those lessons deeper at home; open to all parents and grandparents. Room 119/Bride’s Room, Facilitators: Adult Ministry Team
We want you to experience the beauty and magnificence of God in community. Our discipleship groups will help you become aware of God’s constant presence, dive into scripture, develop spiritual practices, and share your transforming life with others. We have groups for men and women; groups for singles and couples; groups that meet early in the morning and others that meet in the evening. Childcare for nursery age children is available. To sign-up for a group or if you have any questions, contact Pastor Charlotte Bosecker
Come to the Quiet
Wednesdays, Starting August 16 | Join us for a mid-week time of reflection, prayer, and worship from 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. in the Chapel.
Gathering Meal | Join us for a church family dinner in Lynn Hall on Wednesday nights, starting August 16. Dinner is served each week from 5:00-6:00 p.m. and includes a rotating main course, salad bar, and dessert for $5 per person with a $20 max per family.
Off the Clipping Room Floor | Wednesdays, Starting August 16 - A discussion of what didn’t make the sermon for the week and a deeper dive into the sermon scripture text; open to all. Lynn Hall, Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m., Facilitators: Adult Ministry Team
Discipling Our Children | Wednesdays, Starting August 16 - Insight into what our children are learning during the discipleship hour and ways to take those lessons deeper at home; open to all parents and grandparents. Room 119/Bride’s Room, Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 p.m., Facilitators: Adult Ministry Team
Nursery | Our nursery is open Wednesday evenings and for other scheduled events throughout the week. Questions about nursery or availability? Contact Megan Allen
Children’s Choir (PreK-4 to 5th Grade) | Wednesdays, Starting August 16; 6:00 - 7:15 p.m. in the Children’s Area - In our children’s choir, participants learn Scripture through songs, watch Jesus movies, worship with praise videos, pray with their choir leaders, participate in mission projects, and have fun and fellowship at recess! The children will sing in the traditional worship service (11:00 a.m.) once a month and present a Christmas musical. Learn more and register at fpcmid.org/children, Questions: Carolyn Price
Student Ministry | Wednesday Nights, Starting August 16 - Middle and high school students are invited to join us for Wednesday night youth groups. We play games, worship together, listen to a teaching, and have small groups. Student Ministry Area, Questions: Pam Rodriguez
- Animate | 6th - 8th grade - Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- High School | 9th - 12th grade - Wednesdays from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal | Practices resume Wednesday, August 2. The Choir is the ensemble for the traditional service, open to all singers, high school through adult. Adult Choir Room (Room 224), Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., Questions: Greg Pysh
- Agape Ringers | Practices resume Monday, September 11. The Ringers are the ensemble for the traditional service, open to all adult musicians. Adult Choir Room (Room 224), Mondays at 10:30 a.m., Questions: Greg Pysh
- Contemporary Worship Team | To learn more about opportunities to serve in our contemporary worship service, please contact Erica Garza
Women’s and Men’s Ministries
First Ladies Luncheons | All women are invited to join us once a month in Lynn Hall at noon to hear a guest speaker and enjoy lunch with friends. Monthly invitations will be sent, but you can save the following dates: September 20, October 18, November 15, January 17, February 21 and March 20. Questions: Taylor King or Jennifer Ramos
Men’s Lunches | Beginning August 29, all men are invited to join us on the last Tuesday of every month for lunch and a guest speaker at 11:30 in Lynn Hall. Questions: Jennifer Ramos
Other opportunities for men and women will be shared as plans are finalized.