The Lynn Scholarship
The Matthew and Tommy Lynn Scholarship Fund is dedicated to helping qualified students acquire a college education by providing financial assistance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT
To be eligible for a Lynn Scholarship a student must:
- Be a graduate of a Midland County High School;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be selected by the Lynn Scholarship Committee to receive the award based on (in descending order of importance):
- Financial need for assistance in attending college
- Community service
- Scholastic achievement
HOW TO APPLY
Interested students should contact their school counselor or download the application.
The Lynn Scholarship Application and Required Attachments must be returned to First Presbyterian Midland by April 7, 2023. Applications and Required Attachments should be e-mail to . No handwritten applications will be accepted.
Required Attachments – These documents must accompany a Lynn Scholarship
- Official transcript that includes all high school courses through the second six-weeks (grading period) of the Applicant’s senior year;
- Copy of the Applicant’s most recently completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Copy of college transcript, if currently enrolled in concurrent college classes;
- Copy of college transcript, if this is a Renewal Application.
Optional Attachments – These documents may accompany a Lynn Scholarship Application:
- Current Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
Previous Lynn Scholars can apply for scholarship renewal. Please be mindful that a renewal application constitutes an invitation to apply for scholarship renewal; it does not guarantee continued scholarship funding. Scholarship renewal is dependent on available funds. Your responses to the questions and quality of your application, including conventions of grammar, will impact the Scholarship Committee’s decision.