With the number of cases increasing in Midland, we have decided to suspend in-person worship, including Come to the Quiet, for the time being.
In consultation with session and staff, we feel this is the most responsible action to take at this time. We will still be holding office hours from 8-12 Monday through Thursday.
We are eager to be Together Again. As we prepare for worshiping in-person together again, here are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare to join us for worship:
- We encourage those who are in high-risk categories to consider continuing worshiping with us online. The service links will be available on Sunday morning as they have been in past weeks.
- There will be two services in the Sanctuary: Contemporary: 9:00 am and Traditional: 11:00 am
- Please enter the church through the Texas Avenue Sanctuary doors. Other doors to the church will not be open.
- Ushers will be seating and dismissing everyone following CDC-social distancing recommendations. We will be offering limited seating to remain in-line with capacity guidelines as outlined by the Governor of Texas. Families will be seated together. There will be some overflow seating available as well.
- We will not be offering IMPACT at this time but children are welcome in our worship services and we will have a Time with Children during the service. IMPACT lessons will continue to be provided online each week.
- There will be a limited nursery for pre-registered children ages 6 months to 5 years. Complete the registration process online prior to Sunday morning.
- We encourage worshipers to bring masks to wear, especially during the times when we will be singing together. Masks will be available at church and we’ll have hand sanitizer as well. We’ll all be practicing social distancing for the safety of all our fellow worshipers.
- Before and between the services, our incredible custodial team also will be cleaning all hard surfaces, the nursery area, narthex and bathrooms.
- For now, there will be no coffee or food service.
- Bring your own Bible! We’ve temporarily removed pew hymnals and Bibles.