Welcome to First Presbyterian Church of Midland
Welcome! We’re so glad you’re visiting our site, and we hope to see you in person soon. Below you’ll find some basic information about when to come, where to go and what to expect.
WHEN AND WHERE
All our Sunday services take place at 800 W. Texas Ave in Midland, TX 79701, downtown at the intersection of Texas Ave and A Street. Several “Guest Parking” spaces are available just for you in the lot directly across Texas Ave. from the Sanctuary doors. Our phone number is 432.684.7821 should you have any questions. Please be our guest!
8:15am Traditional Worship in Sanctuary (entrance on Texas Ave.)
9:30am The Bridge Worship in Chapel (entrance on Texas Ave. near A St.)
11:00am Traditional Worship in Sanctuary
WHAT TO EXPECT
- All Services last about an hour.
- In the Sanctuary you’ll hear the organ, choir and hymns. In the Chapel you’ll worship with the band’s keyboards, guitars and drums.
- Nursery care for children Kindergarten and younger is offered during all services. Nursery check-in is located just outside the North end of the Sanctuary. Our ushers and greeters will be happy to show you the way.
- Children K3-5th Grade who wish to participate in IMPACT will be dismissed with leaders from the 9:30 and 11:00 worship services after the children’s message. Children are also welcome to worship with you in all services.
- A light breakfast and coffee are served after 8:15 in Lynn Fellowship Hall just north of the Sanctuary and after 9:30 in the Commons, just outside the Chapel. Please come and let us introduce ourselves to you!
- Come as you are. What you wear is not important to God, so isn’t to us. In general, though, worshippers at 8:15 and 11:00 wear business casual or Sunday dress and worshippers at 9:30 come casual.
- Communion is served at the 8:15 service on the first and third Sundays of each month, at the 11:00 service on the first Sunday, and in The Bridge at 9:30 every week.
Discover First classes are offered periodically during the year, led by Pastor Steve Schorr. This short series is for guests, new members and those who are exploring the possibility of joining the First Presbyterian Church family. We’ll discuss the variety of opportunities to grow in faith and engage in mission through our congregation, and you’ll meet our staff and church leaders. Contact Rachal, Pastor’s Secretary, at 432-684-7821 or for more information about the next Discover First opportunity.
First Presbyterian offers a wide variety of opportunities for all ages to worship, connect and serve beyond our Sunday morning services. Please explore the rest of our site to learn more or call 432-684-7821 to visit with our staff about how you can connect at FPC.