Who: 6th-8th graders
When: June 24-29
Where: On the beautiful campus of Western State College in Gunnison, Colorado
Cost: $500 per person + spending money
A great, long standing summer trip here at FPC Midland is “Fun in the Son” located on South Padre Island. If you have kids in high school who seem to be on the outside of participating in church, a trip like this can be a total paradigm shift. When a group of kids, even if strangers, travel together sharing meals and adventures surrounded by leaders who love them, barriers are broken and new friendships begin. Even better is they will share in the things that God has in store for them. If you are still interested here are some more details:
Price: $525 per person
*Includes transportation, conference costs, and most meals.
*Additional money needed for “road meals” and souvenirs.
Dates: July 8-13
The conference starts July 9 but we leave the day before and spend the night
The conference ends evening of July 13 but we leave early Friday morning and drive back.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The conference begins MONDAY afternoon with registration and is over Thursday night. Housing is provided Thursday night however, no breakfast will be served Friday morning. Everyone is staying at the Schlitterbahn resort, and access to the attractions, indoor and outdoor water parks is included. Most of the regular rooms accommodate 4-5 people, larger suites house as many as 10 in various rooms. Please know that we do try to maximize room space in order to keep trip costs low for your students. In rare cases, a person may be asked to sleep on a pull out cot.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all provided as part of your conference cost, with the exception of one night “out” with your group. We will feed you beginning with dinner on Monday night and your last meal will be dinner on Thursday. On Wednesday night, you and your group are free to go out to dinner somewhere on the island together (you will be responsible for costs). We will also offer an optional meal at the venue on Wednesday night if you do not want to leave the facility and go out to eat.
• The mornings will include an option for early worship, breakfast, teaching seminars, and corporate worship. We are also offering special, daily training for youth workers.
• After lunch you’ll have time to be with your kids – on the beach or at either of the water park facilities located where we are staying. A variety of recreation activities and tournaments will be organized for some afternoons.
• The evening schedule will include dinner, the evening session, family time (with your church family), and finally lights out.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
• Each student coming to Padre Island will need to complete a YCM 2018 Medical Release Form. Please bring two copies of each medical form with you – one for you to hang on to and one to turn in to our staff when you register Sunday evening.
•You can learn more about South Padre Island at www.sopadre.com. And check out the INCREDIBLE place at which we are staying and playing – Schlitterbahn South Padre!
In addition to cool, casual clothes, there are a few specifics things you’ll want to have with you:
• Everyone in your group should bring towels for both bathing and the beach (these will not be provided by the hotels).
• You’ll need all your beach gear: sandals, modest swim suits, sunscreen, frisbees, etc.
• Don’t forget a Bible, pen, and notebook.
• You might want a sweatshirt or long-sleeve shirt for the big group meetings as the meeting rooms are usually cold!
• Important: Please make sure your group has one sleeping bag and extra pillow for every fifth person in the group.
• Finally, you will want to bring spending money for snacks, Fun in the Son t-shirts, CDs, books and other items available to purchase.