Youth Parent Resources
Welcome to the Parent Resource Page for FPC Youth Ministries! The vision of FPC is to love and lead all people to deeper life in Jesus Christ. This page is part of that! Below you will find all sorts of resources, ideas and encouragement as you navigate the adolescent years with your child. We want to support you and walk alongside you and your child through these very important years. This is just one way of doing that.
If you have a resource that has been particularly helpful to you as a parent, grandparent or adult in the life of a child, let us know about it! Maybe we can include it here!
- The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding is committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers. click here
- Newsletter and Culture e-Update click here
Faith that Sticks
Sticky Faith Parents click here
- The goal of this movement is to help teenagers develop Sticky Faith. By “Sticky Faith” we mean a combination of characteristics, all of which exist in a dynamic tension…
- Faith that is both internalized and externalized: a faith that is part of a student’s inner thoughts and emotions, and is also externalized in choices and actions that reflect that faith commitment. These behaviors include regular attendance in a church/campus group, prayer and Bible reading, service to others, and lower participation in risk behaviors, in particular sex and alcohol (two behaviors we are studying specifically). In other words, Sticky Faith involves whole-person life integration, at least to some degree.
- Faith that is both personal 1 and communal: a faith that celebrates God’s specific care for each person while always locating faith in the global and local community of the Church.
- Faith that is both mature and maturing: a faith that shows marks of spiritual maturity but is also in process of growth. We don’t assume a high school senior or college freshman (or a youth worker for that matter) will have a completely “mature” faith. We are all in process.
- Sticky Faith Calendar Prompts click here
- Daily suggestions for helping your child to develop a faith that sticks!
Fuller Youth Institute click here
- FYI exists to leverage RESEARCH into RESOURCES that ELEVATE leaders, kids, and families.
- FYI E-Journal click here
Daily Prayer Reminders for Parents click here
- Daily reminders in your inbox with Scripture to pray over your children.